Use of Sentinel Hub at Hackathons
What do we offer to event organisers:
- The best open data processing service out there
- Free access for one month to an Earth Observation rapid prototyping environment, including access to various EO open data sources.
- Access to web-based sandbox environment to easily and rapidly build indicator-based products - Sentinel Playground and EO Browser
- One year Sentinel Hub subscription for the winning team.
What do I actually get, since the data is anyway free?
- Copernicus and Landsat data are indeed free (thanks to EC and USGS) but there are many steps needed to get value from these data - download, processing, storage, distribution. All these takes time and requires IT resources, both cost.
- Sentinel Hub provides seamless and immediate access to these data with most common processing steps applied (band math, clipping, mosaicking, time-series analsyis, etc.) in a way to be integrated in 3rd party applications.
- 30 day trial makes it possible to get familiar with the service, configure your workflow, expose it as an API and integrate it in 3rd party application.
- The prize, 1 year subscription, makes it possible to consolidate the prototype, offer it to your customers and earn revenue! Ideal way to build the startup.
How to get access to the service?
- Create a 30-days trial account at the following address. It's free.
- If the event takes more than 30 days, contact us and we will extend the free trial.
First steps to work with the service:
- Python and Jupyter Notebooks
- Machine learning exercise
- eo-learn, eo-learn documentation, Land Cover Classification with eo-learn articles: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- Integration in OpenLayers, Leaflet and Google Maps
- API documentation
- Sentinel Playground and EO Browser source code
You can find more videos here.