Terms of Service
In order to use most Services, you must register for a Sentinel Hub account. When you use our application program interfaces (APIs), each request to an API must include one of your account's unique API keys.
Please carefully guard the security of your account and monitor use of your API keys. You are responsible for all use of the Services under your account, whether or not authorized, including any use of your API keys. At our discretion, we may make limited exceptions to this policy for unauthorized use of your account if you notify us of the problem promptly.
If you are entering into this agreement on behalf of your company or another legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind that entity to these Terms, in which case "you" will mean the entity you represent.
We will make the Sentinel Hub Services available to you in accordance with these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, revocable license and right to:
- Use the Services within 3rd party applications; and
- Use the Services to develop online services and online, desktop, or mobile applications; and
- Make the Services available to end users in connection with their use of your online services and online, desktop, or mobile applications.
- Create printed and on-line media or videos.
Within trial period and within non-commercial plans you may only use services for non-commercial purposes and for research. When using Commercial and Enterprise subscription plans, you may use services for both commercial and non-commercial purposes.
You may use data offered by Sentinel Hub (collectively “Sentinel Hub Data”) through our APIs without limitation, as long as it complies with Dataset specific terms and conditions.
Your services and applications may permit end-users to cache Sentinel Hub Data on their devices (e.g., laptops, smartphones, or tablets) for offline use.
Unlawful and other unauthorized uses
You may not use the Services for any unlawful purpose. Your use of the Services must comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage or overburden the Services or interfere with any other party's use of the Services.
You may not engage in other unacceptable use of the Services, which includes:
- Disseminating material that is abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening, or malicious;
- Aiding or implementing practices violating basic human rights or civil liberties;
- Disseminating or storing material that infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right of any person;
- Creating a false identity or otherwise attempting to mislead others as to the identity or origin of any communication;
- Exporting, re-exporting, or permitting downloading of any content in violation of any export or import law, regulation, or restriction of the European Union and its agencies or authorities, or without all required approvals, licenses, or exemptions;
- Interfering with or attempting to gain unauthorized access to any computer network;
- Transmitting viruses, Trojan horses, or any other malicious code or program; or
- Engaging in any other activity deemed by Sinergise to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of these Terms.
You may not, nor may you permit any third party to, modify, create derivative works from, reverse engineer, or attempt to derive any source code from the site’s software, except as expressly permitted by a written license from us.
In addition to the requirements above, you must adhere to all policies posted on this site in conjunction with the Services, including all accompanying documentation. All such policies are incorporated by reference into these Terms.
Your content is your content. You retain ownership of all content that you contribute to the Services.
Limited to the purpose of hosting your content so that we can provide the Services to you, you hereby grant Sinergise a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, transferable right and license (with the right to sublicense), to use, copy, cache, publish, display, distribute, modify, create derivative works, and store such content and to allow others to do so. This right and license enables Sinergise to host and mirror your content on its distributed platform. You warrant, represent, and agree that you have the right to grant Sinergise these rights.
On termination of your account, Sinergise will make all reasonable efforts to promptly remove from the site and cease use of your content; however, you recognize and agree that caching of or references to the content may not be immediately removed.
Our content and third-party content
Other than your content, all content displayed on the site or accessible through the Services, including text, graphics, maps, logos, images, illustrations, software or source code, audio and video, and animations, are the property of Sinergise and/or third parties and are protected by Slovenian and international copyright laws. You may be held liable for any unauthorized copying or disclosure of this content. You agree that Sinergise’s licensors shall be third party beneficiaries to these Terms and that these companies may directly enforce, and may rely upon, any provision of the Terms that confers a benefit on them or grants rights in favor of them.
All logos and product names appearing on or in connection with the Services are proprietary to Sinergise or its licensors and/or suppliers. You may not remove any proprietary notices or product identification labels from the Services’ software, maps, or other content.
We're proud to have you as a customer. During the term of this agreement, you hereby grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-transferable license to use your trademarks, service marks, and logos for the purpose of identifying you as a Sinergise customer to promote and market Sinergise services. Of course, if you prefer we not use your logo or name in a particular way, just let us know, and we will respect that.
Charges and payment
Some of the Services require payment. We may charge your credit card on an ongoing basis in advance of providing Services or as needed for prepayments for your subscription fee, any applicable sales taxes, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of Sentinel Hub Services. The subscription fee is billed in full on the first day of each billing period, unless and until you cancel your subscription.
Sometimes even you don't know how popular your applications are going to be. If your account exceeds the number of requests allowed by your plan, we may charge you overage fees at the end of your billing period. Overage rates vary by plan. You agree to pay overage fees for all usage including requests that result from unexpected traffic. We will notify you, when your account reaches 90% of the allowed volume within a billing period. If we fail to do so, we will not charge overage fee for a specific billing period.
We are not responsible for any bank fees, interest charges, finance charges, over draft charges, or other fees resulting from charges billed by Sinergise. Currency exchange settlements will be based on agreements between you and the provider of your credit card.
All charges are non-refundable unless expressly stated otherwise, or otherwise provided by applicable law.
Some subscription plans include request volume limit or concurrent request limit.
A request stands for a tile of 512*512 px, which is a recommended option for integration in web application due to best performance/size ratio. If you use larger size of requests, the charged number will be increased by a proportional factor, e.g. to reflect same number of pixels. Similarly, if you use smaller size of requests, the charged number will be reduced proportionally.
In case of multi-temporal processing, number of charged requests will consist of number of scenes processed within a multi-temporal request.
Account cancellation or suspension
We don't want you to leave, but you may cancel at any time. However, we do not give pro-rated refunds for unused time if you cancel during the middle of a billing cycle.
The limited license granted by this agreement terminates automatically, without notice to you, if you breach any of these Terms.
In addition, Sinergise may cancel or suspend your account for any reason by providing you thirty days advance notice. Upon cancellation or suspension, your right to use the Services will stop immediately. You may not have access to data that you stored on the site after we cancel or suspend your account. You are responsible for backing up data that you use with the Services. If we cancel your account in its entirety without cause, we will refund to you on a pro-rata basis the amount of your payment corresponding to the portion of your service remaining right before we cancelled your account.
Changes to services or terms
We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time by posting the changed terms on the site. All changes shall be effective immediately upon posting. Please check these Terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services after we post of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of the new terms.
We may change the features and functions of the Services, including APIs, and the terms of the SLA may change over time. It is your responsibility to ensure that calls or requests you makes to the Services are compatible with then-current Sentinel Hub APIs. We will endeavor to avoid changes to our APIs that are not backwards compatible, if any such changes become necessary, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you prior to implementation.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sinergise and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, partners, and employees from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees arising out of:
- Your use of the Services;
- Your violation of these Terms;
- Your end users’ use of the Services in or through an application or service you provide;
- Content you or your end users submit, post to, extracts from, or transmit through the Services.
“As is," "as available" and "with all faults." YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE AND ITS SOFTWARE, SERVICES, MAPS, AND OTHER CONTENT, INCLUDING ANY THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE, SERVICES, MEDIA, OR OTHER CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE", "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
No warranties. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, SINERGISE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM SINERGISE OR THROUGH THE SITE, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN.
Website operation. SINERGISE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY SOFTWARE, SERVICES, MAPS, OR CONTENT OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES REFERRED TO ON OR BY THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE CORRECTED.
Non-Sinergise content. WHEN USING THE SERVICES YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO USER SUBMISSIONS AND OTHER THIRD PARTY CONTENT ("NON-SINERGISE CONTENT"), AND SOME OF THIS CONTENT MAY BE INACCURATE, OFFENSIVE, INDECENT, OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE. WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY NON-SINERGISE CONTENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SINERGISE BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE NON-SINERGISE CONTENT, INCLUDING FOR ANY INACCURACIES, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS IN ANY NON-SINERGISE CONTENT, ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT WITH REGARD TO ANY NON-SINERGISE CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY NON-SINERGISE CONTENT.
Accuracy. SINERGISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES REFERRED TO ON OR BY THE SITE IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
Harm to your computer. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN SOFTWARE, SERVICES, MAPS, OR CONTENT THROUGH THE SITE (INCLUDING RSS FEEDS) OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES REFERRED TO ON OR BY THE SITE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM) OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD OR USE.
Jurisdiction. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF YOU RESIDE IN SUCH A JURISDICTION, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, OR LIABILITY CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS APPLY TO YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT SUCH LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS ARE PERMITTED UNDER THE LAWS OF THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED.
Limitation of liability
Limitation of liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL SINERGISE OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, OR USE OR COST OF COVER) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, INCLUDING SOFTWARE, SERVICES. MAPS, CONTENT, USER SUBMISSIONS, OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES REFERRED TO ON OR BY THE SITE, EVEN IF SINERGISE OR A SINERGISE AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Limitation of damages. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF SINERGISE OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS, OR SUPPLIERS TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED EURO (100 EUR) OR FEES PAID OR PAYABLE TO SINERGISE IN THE TWELVE MONTHS PERIOD PRIOR TO THE DATE ON WHICH THE DAMAGE OCCURRED.
Reference sites. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL ALSO APPLY WITH RESPECT TO DAMAGES INCURRED BY REASON OF ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD OR PROVIDED ON ANY THIRD PARTY SITES REFERRED TO ON OR BY THE SITE OR OTHERWISE BY THIRD PARTIES OTHER THAN SINERGISE AND RECEIVED BY YOU THROUGH OR ADVERTISED ON THE SITE OR RECEIVED BY YOU THROUGH ANY THIRD PARTY SITES.
Claim period. YOU AND SINERGISE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS OR RELATED TO SINERGISE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Dataset specific terms and conditions
Within Sentinel Hub there are 3rd party datasets used and distributed through the Services. User of the Services must comply with terms and conditions of the datasets used.
- Sentinel data
- EU law grants free access to Copernicus Sentinel Data and Service Information for the purpose of the following use in so far as it is lawful: a) reproduction; b) distribution; c) communication to the public; d) adaptation, modification and combination with other data and information; e) any combination of points a to d. See more details on the use of Copernicus Sentinel data and service information!
- Tracing based on Sentinel imagery is allowed for commercial purposes as well.
- Acknowledgement or credit of the Copernicus Sentinel data source acquired through the Sentinel Hub services should be provided by including a line of text citation such as the example shown below.
Contains modified Copernicus Sentinel data [Year] processed by Sentinel Hub
- Landsat data
- A statement of the data source when citing, copying, or reprinting USGS Landsat data or images is requested. Details can be found on the EROS Data Citation page.
- Acknowledgement or credit of the USGS as data source acquired through the Sentinel Hub services should be provided by including a line of text citation such as the example shown below.
(Product, Image, Photograph, or Dataset Name) courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey processed by Sentinel Hub
Example: Landsat 7 image courtesy of the U.S. Geological Survey processed by Sentinel Hub
- ESA’s archive of Landsat data
- Utilisation of this data is subject to the Terms and Conditions for ESA's Third Party Missions scheme.
- MODIS data
- See NASA GSFC's citation examples
- Acknowledgement or credit of the NASA GSFC as data source acquired through the Sentinel Hub services should be provided
Service level agreement
Sentinel Hub services will be available 99% of the time every month. If Sentinel Hub does not meet this guarantee, you will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
A Sentinel Hub API will be considered fully or partially unavailable when API is inaccessible from any location (in which case availability for the API for the relevant time period will be calculated as the fraction of your API requests that are failing worldwide).
Uptime in a month will be calculated across APIs based on the uptime of each individual API you use during the month, weighted by the fraction of all your Sentinel Hub API requests accounted for by each API during that month. For purposes of this guarantee, a "month" means a calendar month.
Service credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges you owe us for Sentinel Hub services each month, or your annual fee divided by 12, as follows:
Total Available Uptime (across all APIs) per month
100% - 99%
95% - 99%
Less than 95%
To receive a credit, you must contact Sinergise within 30 days following the end of the unavailability via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the dates and times of unavailability. If we confirm that the uptime percentage in a month covered by your request is below 99%, we will issue you the service credit. Service credit is added to the end of your term for the service, and cannot be exchanged for, or converted to, monetary compensation. The maximum service credit that we will issue for downtime in a month is 25% of the fees you otherwise owe us for that month.
This Service Level Agreement is your sole and exclusive remedy (and our sole liability) for unavailability of our services.
A period of unavailability is excluded from the service level guarantee, and will not count towards unavailability calculations for purposes of service credits, if:
- the unavailability is due to scheduled maintenance, provided we notify you at least 5 days in advance;
- the unavailability is due to Data providers failing to provide the data;
- you are in breach of your services agreement with us (including your payment obligations to us), or the unavailability is otherwise due to your actions;
- the unavailability is caused by factors outside of our reasonable control, including a force majeure event; internet access problems; blocking, filtering, or censorship of our services by a government or other third party; or other problems beyond our services.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, through the registration process and/or through your account settings, we may collect Personal Information such as your name and email address. Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. However, before processing any Personal Information you provide to us, we will request and require your explicit consent, unless otherwise permitted by applicable law.
You should also be aware that we may also process Personal Information without your express consent to the extent one of the following applies:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with Sinergise to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Sinergise as the controller is subject.
- Processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Sinergise as the controller.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Sinergise as the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so and given your explicit consent. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by either utilizing the “Unsubscribe” functionality in the received emails or sending a request to email@example.com.
Information Collected Automatically:
We may use this data to improve the Services - for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to make the Services interesting to as many users as possible.
Sharing the information we collect with third parties
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. However, we may share your Personal Information with third parties as described in this section. If we use third-party subprocessors, Sinergise will endeavor to ensure adequate technical and organizational measures exist at those subprocessors to safeguard Personal Information.
We use third-party subprocessors for infrastructure services, customer support, and email notifications. We evaluate their privacy, security and confidentiality practices, and execute agreements implementing applicable obligations prior to engaging subprocessors. A list of third-party subprocessors:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (cloud infrastructure)
- CloudFerro (cloud infrastructure)
- Three Hearts Digital Ltd. (EmailOctopus)
- Google LLC
We may also engage one or more of the following Vendors as subprocessors to deliver products and services to clients.
- Geospatial Enabling Technologies (GET)
- Wrocławski Instytut Zastosowań Informacji Przestrzennej i Sztucznej Inteligencji sp. z o.o. (WIZIPISI)
Information that’s no longer personally identifiable:
We may anonymize your Personal Information so that you are not individually identified, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally, as an individual.
In certain situations, businesses or third-party websites we’re affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Services (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service.
We may employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. In these cases, if you do not wish to have your Personal Information transferred, you may request erasure of your Personal Information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protection of Sinergise and Others.
Security of your personal information
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records through appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the highest industry standards, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Personal information which you can access
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete information you’ve provided to us, including your name and password, email address and user profile information.
More importantly, you have the right to obtain from Sinergise confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and, if that is the case, access to the following information:
- The purposes of the processing.
- The categories of Personal Information concerned.
- Where possible, the envisaged period for which the Personal Information will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period.
- The existence of the right to request from Sinergise, as the controller, rectification or erasure of Personal Data or restriction of processing of Personal Information concerning you or to object to such processing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Where the Personal Information are not collected from you, any available information as to their source.
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you.
What are your choices
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may, of course, request deletion of your account and Personal Information by emailing email@example.com. We will then undertake measures to effect deletion of your Personal Information, unless we are required by law to preserve the information.
In case you have more questions
Effective May 25, 2018.